Effective Date: May 24, 2018
- Information Collection Practices.
- Types of Information Collected.
- Non-Personal Information.
- Traffic Data. We automatically track and collect the following categories of information when you visit the Site: (1) IP addresses; (2) domain servers; (3) types of computers or devices accessing the Site; and (4) types of web browsers or applications used to access the Site (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on the Service.
- Cookies. We may use “cookies” to customize content specific to your interests, to ensure that you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly, and to store your password, if any, so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site.
- Personal Information. Although you may freely visit the Site and the App, certain components of the App require you to create an AMAVITAE account, which requires you to provide us with information about yourself (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes the following categories of information: (1) “Contact Data” (such as your name, physical address, telephone number and e-mail address); and (2) “Demographic Data” (such as your zip code). You may also opt to complete and profile which includes the following categories of information: (1) “Educational Data” (such as your schooling, and degrees and credentials pursued or earned), (2) “Employment Data” (such as positions held and previous and current employers), and (3) “Personality Data” (such as links to video content describing what you would love to do). If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards, or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys, or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
- Children. We do not knowingly collect, solicit or use Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register for the Service or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible to the extent technically feasible. If you believe that your child under age 13 may have provided Amavitae with Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Uses of Information Collected.
- Our Use of Personal Information. We use Contact Data to send you information about us and the Service or promotional material from some of employers, educational institutions, training providers and other organizations (collectively, “Organization Partners”) who also utilize the Service, or to contact you when necessary in order to provide the Service. We may use your Demographic Data to customize and tailor your experience on the Service.
- Change of Business. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell portions of our company, including the information collected through this Service. If Amavitae or substantially all of its assets are sold, customer information will be one of the assets transferred to the buyer.
- Do Not Track Signals. At this time we do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
- User Choice Regarding Collection, Use, and Distribution of Personal Information. You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you can still access the Service; however, you will not be able to access and use those portions of the Service that require your Personal Information.
- Types of Information Collected.
- User Ability to Access, Update, and Correct Personal Information. [You may access, review and correct the Personal Information we have collected about you in the Profile section of your account.] You may also request to do so by contacting us at privacy@Amavitae.com.
- Security. The Service has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
- Public Forums. The Service may include interactive forums such as message boards and chat rooms. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- Third Party Websites. The Service may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit those websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
- Updates. We may modify this Policy from time to time. When changes are made, we will make the revised version available on this webpage, we will indicate at the top of this page the date that revisions were last made, and we will provide notice of the new Policy in the Terms & Privacy section of the App. YOUR USE OF OUR SITE OR OUR SERVICE AFTER SUCH POSTING WILL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE BY YOU OF SUCH CHANGES TO THE POLICY.
- GDPR Provision and Information Related to Data Privacy Regulations
Amavitae is designed for users living and working in the United States. The following provisions apply to all Amavitae users including those who access this service inside and outside the United States. This “data” described herein refers to “Personal Information” defined in section 1.a.ii. above.
- Data Processing: The processing of your data is necessary for the purposes of providing customized educational and career recommendations. This is a legitimate and express purpose of the Amavitae service.
- Data Purpose: Your Personal Information is used to provide personalized educational and career recommendations, as well as connect you to educators and employers if you choose for your information to be provided to said educators and employers. This is the legitimate and express purpose of the Amavitae service.
- Data Relevance: Amavitae’s users choose which of their Personal Information is relevant. You choose which information you provide. You also choose whether to provide that information to educators and employers.
- Data Accuracy: Your Personal Information is provided by you. The accuracy of your data can be updated by you at any time.
- Data Retention: Because we have no way of knowing when you wish to end a job search We keep the data that you provide in your Amavitae Profile indefinitely unless you instruct us to delete it.
- Data Rights: We provide the right to access your data, object to your data or correct your data by contacting us (see “Contact Us” below). Users may object to the processing or marketing of data in two ways: 1) Change your “Profile Visibility,” “Contact Settings” and “Push Notification” settings to opt out of Personal Information sharing; and 2) Request deletion of your account pursuant to the means described in “Contact Us” in this section.
- Data Protection: Amavitae is committed to protecting your data. We take all reasonable and appropriate measures to prevent unlawful processing, unintentional destruction or accidental loss of data.
- Data Transfer: Personal Data will only be transferred to third parties with the express consent of you, the user.
- Contact Us: All users may elect to have their Personal Information permanently removed at any time by submitting a request to the mailing address or email address below. Users may also request to receive a copy of their data or correct Personal Information by providing a request to the mailing address or email below. All requests must include the email address used to register the account.
16000 Ventura Blvd.
Encino, CA 91436